Thursday, January 26, 2012

What's going on

In order to establish the groundwork for some future posts, it is probably helpful for any readers to know about the games I'm currently involved in. So here is my current weekly game schedule:
  • Mondays (Player): "The Buoyant Republic". Pathfinder seafaring/nation-building game.
  • Tuesdays (GM): "A Week in the Life of a Witch Hunter". Homebrew D&D. Players are directly reacting to the actions of the villainous party from "Way of the Wicked". Via G+.
  • Wednesdays (GM): Unknown Ponies: Failure is Awesome. With thanks to Erin over at Lurking Rhythmically. Starting next week, we'll see how it goes.
  • Alternating Wednesdays (Player): Star Wars.
  • Fridays (Player): "Mysteries of Jzadirune". Pathfinder psionics-heavy steam-punk mystery game.
  • Alternating Fridays (GM): "Way of the Wicked". From the folks over at Fire Mountain Games. Homebrew D&D (see below).
Games I am running these days tend to use a jumbled mess of rules from various editions of the D&D game and some outside sources.

Character generation uses a mix of Pathfinder rules plus the Burning Wheel "Character Burner". Tends to make character generation a multi-day process, but my players like having complicated, well-realized characters.

For GMing I mostly grab the AD&D 1e DMG, Zak's Vornheim City Kit, monsters from any edition from 1e, 2e, 3e, or 4e (depending on the style of encounter I want to run), and anything else that comes to hand easily.

1 comment:

  1. You're going to run UP:FiA? Great!

    Be warned that playtest indicates the original starting skill values for blank-flanks is pretty low and needs a good looking-at. I plan to address that soon (either this weekend or next week).

    Keep me posted, I want to know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete